In times of recession, here is a portrait of three Greeks trying to take their destiny in their own hands.
Could this crisis be our chance to re-invent ourselves and our society?
We follow Glorgos,who became homeless, finding the strength to overcome his difficulties and put his life back together.
Then, Grigoris’ family as it seeks a better quality of life leaving the city.
Finally, meet the activist volunteer group behind the “potato movement” (our protagonist llias) as their activities impact the society as a whole by challenging the commercialfoods supply chain and practicing solidarity and direct democracy.
As the economic crisis lingers and deepens, Greece is not far away and we may see the necessity for initiatives like in Greece in many other countries in the not so far future.
Our protagonists are here to give us courage and strength.
Broadcasted by: ORF 3 (Austria), Ireland (RTE), Norway (NRK), Greece (SKAI), Spain (Catalan TV)
- Thessaloniki International Documentary Festival 2014 (Greece)
- Millennium International Documentary Festival 2015 (Belgium), nominated for the “Workers of the world” award
- Docs Barcelona 2015 (Spain), nominated for the “New Talent” award
- One World Festival 2016 (Czech Republic)
- Selected by EDN for the “Moving Docs” distribution, reaching audience in cinema screenings across Europe.
- Spain: 60 cinema venues all over Spain during January 2016, by “Documental del mez”, Parallel 40.
- Italy: Rome, Bologna, Sardegna by DocIT, future screenings in Matera and Potenza by One Vibe Films.
- Greece: Athens by CineDoc
Organized in Athens by CineDoc with the participation of the Pieria Volunteer Action Group:
on the 22nd of October 2014 @ 20.00 at the French Institute (Sina str.31, Metro: Panepistimio)
on the 26th of October 2014 @ 16.00 at Cinema Danaos (Kiffissias Ave. 109, Metro: Panormou)
The screening will be followed by a discussion with director Elena Zervopoulou and protagonists.
Premiere in Thessaloniki International Documentary Festival 2014 (Greece).
16 March 2014 17:15 pm @Tonia Marketaki venue
19 March 2014 13:00 pm @Tonia Marketaki venue
More Info about the screening : http://tdf.filmfestival.gr/default.aspx?lang=el-GR&page=1188&date=16/3/2014&movie=1362
Directed and produced by Elena Zervopoulou
Cinematography Elias Adamis – Elena Zervopoulou
Edit – Sound Desgin Kenan Akkawi
Production One Vibe Films
Translation – Subtitling Maria Polychronopoulou
Color Correction Vagelis Metaxas Graal S.A
Dialogue Editing Valia Tserou – Final Mix Studio Echo
Graphics Costas Polatoglou